Google Weekly News and Trends
Google — Week 11, 2017
In the Gmail app for Android appeared a function of remittances. At the moment it is only available to users in the United States.
Google is the leader in the search advertising market, Facebook - the leader in the market of display advertising
In 2017, Google will occupy the 77.8% of search advertising market in the United States. In 2018, the company's share will reach 80%. The remaining 20% will be distributed between Microsoft, Yahoo, Yelp, Amazon, Ask and AOL. About it reported in a new eMarketer forecast.
English-speaking users have noticed that Google is testing the display of six AdWords ads at the bottom of the SERP. In the end, the total number of ads on a page can reach 10 – to 4 above and 6 below.
EU authorities accused Google, Facebook and Twitter in violation of the rights of consumers. The company received a month to the enforcement of the rules of their services into line with European legislation. Otherwise, they could face fines, writes Reuters.
Last week, the city Council of Mountain View has approved Google's plan to build a new headquarters in Silicon valley, according to Cnet.
Google testing carousel for videos in the search results on desktops. Innovation noticed Peter Meyers from Moz.
Google AdWords has launched a new ad format - ad locations. About it is reported on the service's page in Google+.
Overseas webmasters noticed that in the report 'Analysis of search queries' in Google Search Console has no data for 9 March 2017.
YouTube announced that on 2 may 2017 to support the annotation editor will be terminated.
Google added a new section to the guide for assessors. Now they will have to mark offensive content and false information in the search results. These data are then used to train the algorithms search engines to identify such content.
Google Hangouts divided into two new enterprise service – Hangouts Chat and Hangouts Meet. About this informed the head of Hangouts Scott Johnston in a blog of the company.
Google Street View has given users the ability to look into the crater of an active volcano on the Ambrym island in the Pacific country of Vanuatu. About it reported in a company blog.
Owners of the Google Home say that they heard the advertisement of the movie Beauty and The Beast. This they said on the forum Reddit.
Google not plans to launch a report about the poor quality pages in the Search Console. About this said the representative of the search John Mueller during a regular hangout for webmasters.
Google updated the rules of Google Partners. Now they would sanction for misrepresentation. In particular, for providing false information about the company and services, and statements about the possibilities of Google products.
Google introduced a new app Family Link. With it, parents can monitor how kids use their Android device.