SEO terms and definitions — S list
Filter by Google applied for young sites. The sites in the domain zone .RU do not fall in the sand, may the reason is not in the domain zone, but in the site russian language.
Such signs can be defined in the sandbox your website or not: the website is cached by Google, but is not in the results at low competitive queries, it is also not necessary in the first place when searching a domain name. The reason for getting a site in the sandbox, usually in the rapid growth of backlinks. This filter is temporary and depending on a number of factors that lasts from one to six months.
What to do if your website has imposed this filter? It is recommended to stop automatically set links to the site, put up some links from trust resources and wait for their indexing. The better back links your website has the faster it is possible to avoid the dog.
- Scroll Depth
Scroll Depth — is the number of visited pages within a session, one of the most important behavioral factors to calculate the relevance of a resource for key words and important indicator of the quality of the resource. The Analytics services, there is another interpretation of what the depth of view is the average of all visitors to the project, which is calculated according to the formula: total number of hits/number of visits.
Depth of view allows to determine the usability of the site and quality of content to users coming from search engines. For example, 1-2 pages viewed could indicate uninformative, or confusing site structure.
- Search Engine
SE (Search engine) - this is a service that helps to search information in the Internet.
Search engines on the Internet there are so many (thousands and more), each one based on its algorithm and themes. For example, there are search engines a search scope which music files or .rpm packages for Linux, or job search for job seekers, medical, news, real estate-related and so on.
United States SEO optimizers usually focus on two main search engines - Google and Bing, which occupy a large share in attracting traffic. Each of them has its own characteristics in the applied algorithms optimization and website promotion.
- Search operators
The query language is a language with which to carry out queries to search engines, database or other information systems. At the moment these languages a lot. All of them are substantially different and designed for automation of various processes. Optimizers are interested in their application to information retrieval.
The main goal is to improve and simplify the process of information search by the user.
- The Googleoperator "", which allows you to search for an exact match of the entered between the quotation marks of the expression.
- The Google OR to search for all words separated by the or operator.
- filetype: search for specific words that are in the document of the specified type;
- site: search for specific words on a given website;
- movie: search videos;
- allintitle: search for documents in the headers, which contain the specified expression;
- allinurl: search for pages whose address is in the specified expression;
- define: a search of the page on which the definition specified value;
- link: find pages that link to the page with the specified address.
- Semantic core
Semantic core – group of the target phrases, words, different word-forms most accurately determining the direction of the website. This base is determined for the subsequent promotion. Building a semantic kernel — the first step in the promotion of resource
When compiling kernel you need to consider the following factors:
- The frequency of a particular query (the number of queries per month);
- Impressions only one keyword without different word-forms;
- The relevance of certain pages;
- Competitive requests;
- The cost to promote a particular query;
- Seasonality of a specific request;
- Geographical dependence of the query.
The main purpose of compiling the kernel is no longer competent and deliberate promotion. By made up of core queries, you can determine the approximate cost of promotion of the resource and the estimated time in which the page will be on TOP for your chosen keywords.
Website optimization is a complex of actions for promotion of your website to the top positions in the search results. The optimization process includes the following steps:
- A semantic core with the selection and implementation of keywords;
- The content of the Internet resource content corresponding to the search queries;
- Hyperlinks to other people's projects;
- The study of search algorithms;
- Analysis of contextual advertising;
- The analysis of the benefits of the same resources.
Optimization allows you to promote website into the top positions of search engines, thus increasing popularity and attendance of the Internet resource.
In fact is the work with the content of the resource and its interface. It includes: key words, test server, the location of the unique texts, filling out the fields title, description and keywords, the appearance of menus and maps, improving the code, link pages. Some internal measures can lead to incorrect indexing of your site if it contains a lot of redirects and duplicate pages. Also, do not welcome links using complex scripts on other pages and cloaking.
The optimization techniques boil down to purchase (exchange) links. An overabundance of links can cause ban or cut-off filters of search engines, so this optimization should be consistent and balanced.
Varieties of optimization from the point of view of methods
Depending on the methods, there are several types of optimization:
- White optimization is a set of measures to improve and update the content and usability of the site. Selection of interesting user information, user-friendly interface increase the popularity of the resource and holds it in the list of SERP. This way to optimize the site is considered to be the most effective, natural and correct, because it uses only approved search engines and methods aimed at improving directly the Internet resource, and not cheating the search engines. However, this method is more costly, often for the white optimization requires purchase of unique content, additional payment for the services of web designers and programmers;
- Grey optimization uses theoretically permitted methods of promotion. It is often used by companies that provide services for SEO. The main feature is an intensive purchase links on the promoted website and selective optimization of individual pages;
- Black optimization is prohibited manipulation (fraud) by the algorithms of search engines by using illegal methods. These include doorway pages, cloaking and spam. Black optimization creates the risk of getting website banned or cut off by the filters of search engines.
- SEO Effect
Improved SEO ranks of the site in the process of any action called as SEO effect.
Such ranks include the position of the site in search results or search engine traffic. For example, the use of keywords on the website clearly influences textual relevance, and then add or edit the number of keywords will be take SEO effect.
Same with other well-known ranking factors.
SEO effect can be both positive and negative or neutral if the parameter does not affect SEO. For example, the use of SEO links typically has a positive effect, but once the search engine determines them to be spam, the SEO effect of the link becomes negative.
The effectiveness of certain actions is difficult to predict, therefore, need constantly to experiment and to interact with other webmasters.
- SEO link
SEO links called links, which are placed specifically to influence the search results, thus often are not helpful to site visitors.
The term SEO link, mainly used by search engines to indicate their relationship to some methods of promotion. SEOs are the same links think are normal, but do not deny that they are placed to get SEO effect.
Clearly identifying what properties/parameters must have a link to it took for spamming the search engines do not give. But it may be the following factors:
- Links purchased through the exchange. If you talk about it the representatives of the search engines, then surely they track the fact of buying links on the exchange, have a database of sites that sell links;
- Links from unmoderated resources. The ability to link anyone from anyone seriously hinders the search engines to reliably determine the credibility of websites. These links at least do not affect search engine rankings from Google, as a maximum - harm promotion;
- Links set in spam directories. Catalogs designed specifically for the placement of links are classified as search spam directories, and links to them are classified by search as SEO links.
It is also worth to pay attention to the anchor text, otherwise also posted links to sites and many other factors. Probably not all the signs of SEO links. Not all links are equally useful. The Panda algorithm and Google lowers the ranking of sites that use to promote SEO links.
- SEO Ranks
SEO ranks - any rankings, for example, the PageRank for the search engines Google, CY for Yandex, it can also be Alexa rank etc.
Ranks are used to determine the profitability of the exchange links between sites or calculation of the profitability of buying links and are used to measure the quality of work of the webmaster/SEO on their resource.
In SEO it is considered that the is fundamental importance in the promotion of sites.
SERM (search engine reputation management) – a set of measures with the use of search engine optimization tools that allow you to improve reputation.
On the Internet this system is rarely used and is not yet a full-fledged business, in contrast to the classical mechanisms of SEO marketing.
One of the most commonly used methods is the elimination on the first page of search sites with positive information about the resource, which improves the reputation.
SERP (Search Engine Results Page) is list of sites sorted in descending order of relevance of the query and the corresponding document (site, page).
SERP given to the user of the search engine in response to its query and can contain not only text documents, but also contain a video preview, images, maps and other media. The first page of the SERP is called Top.
Lately search engines are not only modernizing their algorithms for the formation of the SERP, but also allow users to configure it using personalization. Search results depend now not only on hundreds of internal and external factors of the instrument but also the geography of the user, his language and settings.
The sites for people posted information that may be interesting and useful for the Internet users. SFP characterizied the following features:
- Exclusive content. The website is filled with the articles, photos and videos that were not previously placed on other Internet resources or provides visitors with a special systematized information;
- The emergence of new materials. The content is periodically updated with new content. Thus, stimulated by repeated visits of the website visitors.
- Usefulness. SFP may contain popular information or the content for a pleasant stay. Often, SFP offers or provides a certain service.
- Single-pixel links
Single-pixel links, links, visual image which is placed in one pixel.
Single-pixel links are created specifically for search engine robots. Visitors of the online resource they are not visible. They are used to improve the site positions in the results of search engines. The main purpose of these operations is to increase income from the resource. No have statistical information about how single-pixel-links links to widespread.
Search engines use this type of reference is perceived as unfair optimization, the so-called black SEO. As a result, the website may be removed from the search engine database.
Sitemap is a special XML file that contains information for crawlers or robots of different search engines. It includes data about the website that allow the algorithms of the search engines to locate the pages, frequency of updates, time updates and their importance relative to other websitepages. Which in turn allows for any popular search engines to adequately index the website.
Unfortunately, the use of Sitemap, does not guarantee that the site will be indexed, but allows you to be able to optimize its scan before indexing. Therefore, sitemap can be used as an additional securing method of optimization strategy of website promotion in search engines. And since the algorithms of search robots are quite complex and continue to evolve, Sitemap allows to avoid in most cases, errors in the accuracy of site indexing.
Organization file Sitemap
Sitemaps has the XML extension and contains a list of url-addresses (URLS) of the web site along with the metadata that is attached to certain URLs of the website.This is usually data about:
- Date of the last change;
- Frequency changes;
- Priority of the information.
To improve the organization of work, it is recommended to place according to the following rules:
- Place sitemap the file needed in the root directory;
- Links from the file must be in the same domain;
- Links from the file must be in the same directory and a subdirectory;
- Link from the file should use the same protocol.
SMM is Social Media Marketing, the process of attracting the attention of users and potential buyers to products through advertising on social platforms. Social media marketing involves a set of measures for the promotion and solution of other business goals through social media.
Recommendations on social platforms have a great impact on the target audience.
The creation of a community company, reputation management, branding, promotion in the blogosphere are a variety of methods SMM. The fundamental process in this event is a constant monitoring of the dynamics of changes in public interest and contribute to the emergence of trends.
In SMM there are two strategies – explicit or implicit promotion. Effective results combined gives you are used SMM with SEO.
The following error was determined by experts as the most serious in SMM:
- Excess content;
- The lack of feedback from the subscribers;
- The monotony of the content;
- Failure to comply with ethical standards when communicating with users;
- Violation of the laws and principles of activity;
- Ignoring user complaints.
Support SMM covers a wide range of processes:
- Creation and promotion of community;
- Competitions, Raffles, stimulating people's interest and attract new members;
- Promotion of community sites through articles, posts, related, work on forums/blogs;
- Undertaking analytical work – monitoring, analysis, networking, creation of promotion strategy.
The benefits of SMM:
- Minimum investment for promotion;
- The impact on the masses (a large audience of social networks);
- Ranking target audience according to certain parameters;
- Long-lasting effect from the promotion in the social. media because of the gradual developments of the image.
SMO is the optimization of media content for social networks. The term comes from the acronym Social Media Optimization. SMO is used when carrying out works aimed at the increase in traffic from the social networking gods and other sites of mass use.
The basic principles of optimization
When applying social websites optimization should be to use these basic tenets of a sound level raise the popularity of the pages:
- Creating content that is readable;
- Ongoing support and the creation of a stable audience;
- The networking and linking between the website pages;
- The parallel presentation of information on the pages;
- Integration in a social network;
- Extra plugins;
- Eliminating unnecessary items.
- The selection of the anchors of the site.
When searching in any search engine the results are shown in the form of titles, descriptions and some other information with link to the found resource.
Description of the resource in the SERP is called a snippet and may include not only link to site, but also depending on the type resource contain additional information:
- additional links from the website;
- the creation date of the post on the forum and number of respondents.
- preview of vide and its duration;
- description from DMOZ;
- the physical address of the company.
In recent times search engines tend to place the control buttons in search results and sending comments.
Extended snippet in the search results will give more clicks than uninformative.
Splog — a blog created with the purpose of promoting another website, often copying previously published information. The term ubiquitous started to use in about 2005, the year he appeared in the merger of two words — spam and blog.
How it works
The webmaster creates on free platforms a few blogs (sometimes hundreds) and organizes them automatically filling a variety of information which is relevant and, ideally, will cause the influx of users to the page. The content for such blogs often useless, but its generation involves automated systems that do not possess intelligence. The source of the original content may be, for example, RSS news, of which there are a sufficient number.
Like the blog sooner or later will be banned by search engines, so seriously invested in it, no. While the blog is in the results (average 2-12 months) — a blog is unlikely to have a high ranking, traffic or attendance. The main advantage of this technology not in quality, but in quantity.
The method is informal, so not recommended. However, harm to the advertised website does not work, and in the case of single use of just useless.
SSP (Supply Side Platform) is a platform for the accumulation of an array of quantitative indicators of advertising companies to evaluate their productivity. Supply Side Platform automize sale traffic based on auction prices.
Thanks to the actors of the advertising market can measure and assess the value of the website based on the data about visits to the portal, which record a variety of information:
- Duration of user visits;
- Number of pages that the user visited;
- The frequency of visits.
SSP enable advertisers to approach trading with a ready list of marketing positions. This increases their advantage in sales, allowing you to sell a list of items at the highest price.
Swapping or search engine spam is a method of SEO in which content is already indexed page is replaced by other content. As a result, making a request, and clicking on the found link, the user encounters a completely different content – optimizer needed, not for user.
The main goal of the optimizer is: earn as much money as possible on the links. Therefore, the content of the page after applying the swapping can be a completely useless for the user text. Example of the application of the swap. The optimizer spins and then pushes the top of the search engine of any website or an individual page with an interesting topic for visitors. Without changing the title of the site, the optimizer removes it completely or partially old content and fills revenue-generating links (the higher the site is located in the top of the search engine, the big money gets the master at posting links).