SEO terms and definitions — W list
W3C – world wide web Consortium – an organization whose primary purpose is the creation and introduction of modern standards WWW. The origin of the term associated with the acronym for the World Wide Web Consortium.
W3C is a conglomerate of more than 350 different organizations. However, the main issues are resolved administration institutions: MIT (USA), ERCIM (EU) and Keio University, Japan.
The main objectives
The W3C is developing recommendations for software developers and hardware. The recommendations have the form of a list of standards, principles and methods, to maximize compatibility between the hardware and different manufacturers, making use of the Web comfortable and more perfect.
Features of the W3C standards
Recommendation, W3C used, publicly available and not protected by a patent. They can be used by any company, not even connected with the Consortium. The standards of this Association are of great popularity among creators and vendors, since their implementation does not require the certification by the participants.
The sequence of recommendations
Each principle or standard the W3C has a procedure approval process consisting of 5 stages:
- Draft specifications;
- A working version of the project;
- The final version of the revision;
- Possible recommendation;
- The proposed recommendation.
- Watery Text
The watery content of text shows how it is full of irrelevant words, such as prepositions, conjunctions, frequently used momentum and others do not carry any meaning of the word.
Typically, the water content (watery) is measured in percentage and indicates the ratio of irrelevant words to the total number of words in the text. Normal 20-40%. Anything less gives the text dry/formality, and more than 40% make it blurry.
- The water content of text - 80-100%: I want to tell you something important, but, in fact, it is not necessary, as we so well understand each other;
- Watery content of text 0%: Plato — mathematician-excellence, developing the algorithms of search engines.
The rate of water flow in the text can be used to determine its quality, as wateriness directly affects the perception and talks about informative/emotional. To better understand the difference, you must compare several texts between them.
Watery of this definition: 36% (without examples 31%).
- Web Content
Content - content is any information product, such as a newspaper, magazine, book or television show.
The content of the web resource comprise text, images, video and audio files and any other information published on it. For website promotion in search engines is the most important text content and its uniqueness.
The types of the uniqueness of the content:
Copy-paste is nothing like plagiarism, that is, the unscrupulous owner of the resource is simply stealing texts and images from other sites and places on their own without any changes. This site is quite difficult to promote, because the copied information is often not indexed by search engines.
- White Hat SEO
White or as they are also called natural search engine optimization techniques are called all kinds of lawful actions undertaken to promote the site in search engine ranking. loyal white methods are perceived by search engines that are indexing your site and are characterized by the fact that even if the algorithm changes, ranking, their place in the ranking is not changed because their progress is built on natural methods.
All white search engine optimization methods can be divided into external and internal.
Onpage White Hat methods of search engine optimization
Onpage white methods of search engine optimization is a set of events, the essence of which is reduced to the holding of marketing actions and PR companies, website promotion in the rankings of search engines. Among the main actions of the external optimization, one can distinguish the following:
- Conduct marketing campaigns to attract potential users and increase the interest of regular visitors;
- PR companies in order to increase awareness of the site;
- Drafting press releases and placing them on third-party resources of similar subjects;
- Registration of the site on trusted and popular sites that have similar topics;
- Conducting purchases quality links both manual and automated methods;
- Conventionally, as a method to external white optimization include the purchase of articles on third-party resources.
Inpage Whte Hat methods of search engine optimization
Internal white methods of optimization can be reduced to improve the functionality of the site, its fullness and relevance of information posted. The ultimate goal is increasing the number of permanent and unique visitors to and users of the site. Among the methods of internal white website optimization, one can distinguish the following:
- The site content is unique, interesting and relevant;
- Increase the credibility of the website by users;
- Improved functionality of website to improve user convenience when working with the site menu and its pages (including the elimination of cyclic references);
- Preparation of Sitemap;
- Tracking is incorrect and broken links;
- Increased traffic of the website;
- Compilation of the semantic core of the site;
- Working with meta tags of the website their competent selection and placement;
- Preparation of robots.txt;
- Working with correct URLs;
- Use to increase the weight of the site allocations key words;
- For sites with a large amount of information – compilation of RSS feeds.
The end result of using white methods of optimization of website in search engines is the gradual promotion of the site in the rankings of search engines. Thus, the use of these methods ensures that the site will not worsen its position in the ranking, because of that, when his promotion was not used in the methods of black optimization. As such methods, due to the constant improvement of search algorithms, only bring short-term effect.
Whois (who is) is a service used to collect information about a domain name. The service allows you to find not only name servers, but the domain owner to know his address and phone number, date of registration and name of Registrar.
The purpose of the use
The database of Whois services include all domain name registrars and all existing domain names. Databases are of two types:
- Centralized, where you can find any valuable information about the domains, their owners and providers;
- Destribution, which redirect the user to a specific Registrar in accordance with the request.