Gathered Google ranking factors for the year
Analysts from the Search Metrics conducted a large-scale study of changes in the algorithms of Google using changes in the SERPs over the past year. The main conclusion of experts is simple - the weight of links continues to fall, and the importance of content is growing again.
The report's main findings:
- the relevant links are below 6th position, usually at 3-6;
- only 53% of links, ranked in the top 20 used keywords in headlines;
- on the websites of the top 10 users are delayed on average 190 seconds;
- bounce-rate first page of issue equal to 46%;
- the first 3 positions of issuance have a CTR of 36%;
- about half of the participants top 10 work at HTTPS;
- download your mobile page takes almost a second less time;
- pages desktop are usually three times more data than on mobile;
- all domains in the first hundred apparently support a mobile-friendly, and all mobile users expect 78% of sites.
Correlation of positions in the search results and social signals remained unchanged, i.e. user satisfaction is still important. Even less sense was from the links - although they remain an important element of promotion, their performance continues to decline.
Modern Google largely relies on AI and is actively using RankBrain to filter issue. The company explores behavioral characteristics and adapts to them, says Marcus Tober, Searchmetrics head.
The study was conducted on the top 20 results when you search for 10 thousand key phrases. The full report is available here.