Google Analytics to track AMP pages not normal
Google Analytics not correctly tracks the AMP page. To such conclusion came a SEO specialist from Spain Oliveira Christian.
Oliveira found that:
- A unique visitor is looking at AMP-page can be counted as four different people;
- When a visitor clicks with the AMP on a normal website page creates a new session. Although it is technically the same session;
- From creating new sessions bounce rate on AMP pages overstated. According to Google Analytics it turns out that the user leaves the page, although it is not;
- When the user goes from the AMP on a normal page while visiting the site, the reporting depth of view is undervalued;
- Visitors that go to the AMP page from the search results, and then move to another page are counted as new visitors from referral traffic, not search.
SEO specialist, proposed a solution to these problems, but it is not for everyone and is not optimal, notes Searh Engine Land. Google intend to intensify efforts to find a solution. However, it is unlikely to be found soon.